Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Witch

Cyphan had it's first year and I got to be there with claws on. A catch all sci-fi/fantasy convention, it was small but fun. I got talked into dressing up like the Witch from the zombie videogame Left 4 Dead and I was intrigued by her long claws. I love dressing up and enjoy creative challenges most of all. Here are some pics of me with the finger extensions...these babies were made on the cheap with some shrink wrap and a hot glue gun (with wax to help with shaping and modelling.) It ended up being very successful since they were lightweight, I was able to fully articulate my fingers, they remained attached the full night, and they appeared pretty gruesome up close. Modeling wax and spirit gum was used blend in the edges to my hand, creating a seamless space of burnt, bubbly skin and cartilage.

Watch me in action on the World of the Weird Monster Shows
coverage of the Zombie Pin-Up contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment