Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Joys of Tracing Paper

Working today on the children's book. It's been a process to develop the character that the author envisioned, but we have it down and I'm onto the next step. I'm finding that for more complex images, I work well with creating a series of initial sketches, and then using tracing paper to build up to a single polished piece. I then scan that in and can color it or clean up. It takes alot of the pressure off when drawing seperate components, that they can be shifted, resized, just more malleable. There's nothing more annoying than working on something for a long time, and then one slip of the hand....

Also, it's been on my mind that I need to brand myself.  Thankfully, I'm too busy to do it, but it's something I would like to start developing on my own time. Maybe in the future I'll post some ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment